Thursday, August 28, 2008

Late in the Evening

Today was my W1D2 run of the OHR program. I had a late run tonight because I didn't hit the track until about 7:15 p.m. I thought I would feel like a slug since I had not eaten since my snack at 3:30 p.m, but I ended up having quite a bit of energy! My time was not quite as good as on Tuesday afternoon, but I tried some new techniques from ChiRunning so it felt like less effort.

And while we are talking pace, I must point out that I appear to have misrepresented my pace in my last post (sorry, Delane!). When I said that I finally broke three miles, it was not just for the 30 minutes of running time but instead also included the 10 minutes of warm-up/cool-down walking that I do surrounding my run! So yes, I am very slow, but I am getting faster!

I finally ate dinner at 8:45 p.m., and now I am ready to hit the sack. My whole lower body is achy from the new running techniques (lean, focusing on kicking my legs back, swinging my arms without crossing in front) and from the Biggest Loser CardioMax workout that I did last night on my day of rest. Thanks for kicking my butt, Bob!

1 comment:

Delane said...

You'll still probally kick my arse!!! YOu've got those LONG LEGS!

I might need to borrow that book from you when your done.