Saturday, August 30, 2008

OHR Week 1 Done

I finished W1D3 of One Hour Runner this morning... the first week of the program went quickly! I am still waiting for the time when a 30 minute run isn't going to feel so tough, though, because by the time I am 20 minutes into the run I am motivating myself with the "just 9 1/2 more minutes... only 8 more minutes... less than 7 minutes" countdown. I still have two more weeks of 30 minute runs, so hopefully the breakthrough will come soon.

That, of course, is the plan for next week: W2D1 30 minute run on Monday, W2D2 30 minute run on Thursday, W2D3 30 minute run on Saturday, and some type of alternate activity on Sunday. After I finish this program, I am going to try to add another day of running to my week so that I have four runs per week. I don't think I am ready for this yet because my right knee is still very crunchy, which I hope will improve as I continue to lose weight.

I also want to start running outside when the weather cools down to low 70s or high 60s. I am still pretty shy about letting people see me run with all of this bulk, but it is time to get over that because at least I AM out there doing it. I am going to see if the high school lets the public use the outdoor track on days that school is closed or after hours and try to start there.

My weight loss has been pretty non-existent lately. I had been up three pounds last week, and I know that I was staying within my calories and exercising as planned so it doesn't make any sense. The scale finally moved down 2 of those 3 pounds this morning, but I can feel TOM on the way (due next weekend) and that is never a scale victory time for me. I am just going to keep plugging away and believe that the scale has to start moving downward soon. But at least my clothes are fitting better, and my energy level is up, so there are some victories there.

And on a final note... FOUR MORE WEEKS TO MY FIRST RACE IN 10 YEARS!!! PR Charity Classic 5K on 9/27 at 8:00 a.m. Woo-hoo!!!!

1 comment:

Delane said...

Look how far you have come!

My WLJ suckith at the moment, I saw a picture of me today ..whoa. Tuesday I start counting every morsel that crosses my lips.

I prefer running oustide, the treadmill is a death sentence!