Friday, August 22, 2008

Testing...Testing... 1... 2... 3

I'm starting this blog to document the changes in my life that I am making to improve my health and my body... and hopefully my life in general in the process. I intend to use this space as another tool for me to see progress even when other metrics seem stuck.

I am currently in Week 9 of a Couch to 5K program, and after I finish the last two 30 minute runs I plan to start the One Hour Runner program to keep improving my running duration. I am not focusing on distance right now as I need to continue to increase my endurance to a point where my heart rate during runs doesn't keep flying above 180 BPM.

My first race (since 1998!) is a 5K on September 27th, so hopefully I will be able to complete it in a decent time. At least I am confident that, barring any unforeseen injuries, I will complete it.

If you look over to the right, you can see the Nike+ challenge I am in for the summer. It started on 7/6/08, one day after I completed my first session of Couch to 5K, and so far I am doing pretty well! The woman in the lead is currently training for a half marathon in October, so I am not in competition with her on any real level because I am just eight weeks into my first time running in ten years!

I am also tracking my weight and BMI changes at the bottom of the page. I have a long way to go, but slow and steady wins the race.

I look forward to documenting the "weigh" down and hopefully the improvements in other parts of my life as well.

No comments: