Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Goes to Show You Never Can Tell

I did not want to run today. TOM showed up 4 days early this morning (what is up with THAT?!?), and I felt like Hades. I was trying to think of some way to give myself an out that wouldn't make me feel like a loser. I was trying to figure out a way to do my run tomorrow (no way... it's Parents' Night at DD's school) or Friday after work (again, no go because it is DD's back to school dinner picnic). So I came home, threw on my workout clothes, and hit the track.

Lo and behold, I had one of my best runs yet! Granted, my pace was a little slower than my past few workouts, but my heart rate was also about 10 BPM slower than usual and I felt so much more comfortable with the run. I felt like I could have gone for far more than 30 minutes! And I actually felt more energetic afterwards than when I started running. Who would have thought???

So, W2D2 of OHR is done, and I plan to do W2D3 on Saturday. The lesson for today is: Do, Even When You Do Not Feel Like Doing. I'm glad I didn't miss this run because it gave me hope that I can keep going and that I will become a one hour runner in the future.

1 comment:

Delane said...

WTG! I love that feeling. And, now I feel guilty for moving my run tonight to tomorrow.