Thursday, September 25, 2008

If My Nike+ Doesn't Log My Run...

does it still count?!?

AHHHHHH... I forgot the receiver device that plugs into my iPod for my Nike+, and I didn't get credit! I am so upset about this because I was going to break the 100 mile mark with this run, and now I have to wait until Saturday.

You can laugh, but when I discovered this just as I started walking the track, I almost turned around and went home and rescheduled my run for tomorrow night! How crazy is that?! Then I realized that the real credit I need for each run is the credit from my body, and I took it as an opportunity to enjoy myself. Which I did. :-)

It's funny how things can get so mixed up. I love me some metrics and numbers and graphs and charts that show my progress. I am an excellent program follower because I like to check off my progress against a plan. But it seems as if I almost missed the mark on why I am really doing these runs. In all honesty, my disappointment only lasted for a minute or so and then I adjusted my attitude, laughed at my near miss at skipping my run, and just did it. Thanks, Nike!

After my run, I had to go to my daughter's new school and sign her up for Daisies. I had wanted to go home and change first, but my trip to and from the gym took a little longer than expected and I realized I would be late if I did so. So I went to her school with all of the other mothers in their sweat-free, non-workout clothing while I was in my gym clothes and doused in sweat. I figure that those who judged me would be the jealous ones because those who worked out would understand. Time is limited when you are a single parent with a full-time job, and that is that.

So now I am watching the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy, trying to figure out what to have for dinner, and feeling happy that I didn't skip my run for a silly gadget. You are right, Delane... this is one run that I will not regret because I DID IT.

1 comment:

Al's CL Reviews said...

OMG! I would have totally restarted. I so understand that!