Sunday, September 14, 2008

On To Week Four, and Not a Minute Too Soon!

I just finished the last Week 3 run of OHR, and I am ready for Week 4! I am actually looking forward to the challenge of increasing my time since I just finished 4 weeks of 30 minute (30 minute, 30 minute, always 30 minute) runs. I even ran 31 minutes today just to mix it up a bit!

That's ironic, actually, because just a couple of months ago (less, actually) I found it hard to believe that I would even be able to run for 30 minutes. It seemed like a dream. And now I am feeling stagnant at it and hoping to move closer to my 60 minute goal. It just goes to show that goals are good things and they can help us reach further than we think is possible. Had you told me three months ago that I would be seven weeks away from running for an hour straight, I would have laughed at you. Yet now that is my reality, and I am even thinking about training for a half marathon next fall! And then... who knows where I will go (or, should I say, how far I will go)?

I'm all signed up for the Trick or Treat Trot 5K on 10/26, but I am a little nervous about it because I have not run in a race for 10 years! Is it okay to wear my iPod? Will I be the slowest one there? Will I finish? All of the fears coming back, but hopefully it will be great and I will be inspired to run more. The good news is that my friend, Delane, and my sister-in-law, Aimee, will also be running it, so I do not have to face this first one alone. :-)

That's all for now. It was a good run, and I am proud that I braved the rain to make it to the gym despite two detours along the way due to road closures for water on the road. I just need to keep my focus, even during the times when I am not all there. And a shout out to Carl, who helped me remember that today. :-)

No comments: