Sunday, October 5, 2008

And I Even Did a Minute More than Planned!

Yesterday was my W6D3 run, which was supposed to be 41 minutes long... but somehow I misread my HRM watch and ended up doing 42 minutes... score!!!

I ran at about 1:15 p.m., and I do not think that is a great time for a run for me. I was a bit more tired than usual. But my pace ended up being decent, so no worries. The biggest challenge that I had was trying not to blow up at the STUPID WOMAN IN THE RED SHIRT who was sauntering (and I do mean sauntering) in the Jogging lane of the busy track while talking on her cell phone. I almost ran into her just to make a point, but realized that getting into a confrontation was not a great idea with my PMS raging as it was. I had visions of the cops being called after I flipped out at her... and decided to skip that possible path for the day.

After my run I had to take my daughter to a 3rd birthday party for a neighbor, and when the pizza and cake came out I sure was happy that I had burned almost 700 calories during my 3.83 mile run! Woo-hoo, what a treat!

Today I am a bottomless pit, though, with my cold abating and TOM stopping by for a visit this morning. I hope that I'll even eke out a small loss for the week, but sometimes it is just like that I guess.

My running plan for the week is as follows:
Tuesday - 30 minutes
Thursday - 34 minutes
Sunday - 45 minutes.

That will round out Week 7 of 10 of the One Hour Runner program. I am doing my usual Saturday run on Sunday because on Saturday I am going to a local spa for a day of beauty that was gifted to me by a friend. How cool! It actually starts Friday night with a manicure and pedicure, and then I have hair coloring, a facial, and a cut and style on Saturday. Hopefully I will look like a younger, more beautiful woman! A girl can wish.

I still am having a bit of a problem believing that I will be able to run for 60 minutes in four short weeks, but I am just going to follow the program and hope it takes me to the goal line! Wish me luck!

And a special shout-out to FriedMSW, my first official blog follower... thank you! :-)

2 comments:

friedmsw said...

Awesome! Keep it up!

I know what you mean about the woman on the cell phone. I am not a runner, but I have been held up by people on cells phones. Like you, sometimes I want to bump into them.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hate the sauntering people...or the group of women that walk across all 6 lanes of the track.

I usually yell really loud "On your left." It works. Because I will run into them otherwise.

:)

Good job on the 42!