Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've Got That "New Sensor Smell"

And it smells fishy!

Well, I ended up going and buying a brand new Nike+ kit because it would have cost me just a couple of dollars less to get a replacement sensor (once shipping was included), and I would have had to wait for it to be shipped to me. Great way to get people to spend more money, Apple and Nike. Quite the racket. Yet, I am the dumb ass who did it.

I did my 50 minute run with the new sensor, and I was amazed at the end of my 56 minute workout when I heard "Miles Complete: 5.1"! Woo-hoo! But wait a minute... or more like 2 minutes because that was about how much faster my pace was with this new sensor than with the old one! Which was right, this one or the failing one? Did I really run that far? I did not count how many laps I did in my almost hour long workout, so I had no clue!

Yes, I did feel like I was running faster and stronger today, but that just seems a bit much. Especially when I came home and uploaded the workout and saw that it was showing some of my pace points at an 8 minutes per mile pace... NOT A CHANCE! So now I have to recalibrate this damn thing again and figure out how fast I am actually running. Although the 5K I am running a week from today should give me that answer, too. :-)

So, I finished Week 8 of the One Hour Runner program with a 50 minute run (yea me!). Next week would be Week 9 for me, but since I am running my first 5K in, oh, ten years, I am just going to back off for a week and do 30 minute runs on Tuesday and Thursday and then the 5K on Sunday. Then I'll hop back into Week 9 of the program the week after that. So that means that in three weeks time, I should have completed my first 60 minute run!

4 comments:

friedmsw said...

You are one serious gal when it comes to this running program! Hope the new sensor will not prove to be too hard to use. Have a great week of running!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

5K sounds fun.

Sorry, I have no clue about the Mike thing. I have trouble enough using Mapmyrun.com

:)

Delane said...

wooo hoo! your going to smoke me next weekend.

I hit the center button each lap..it records my splits this way.

Carly said...

Nice job on the run! Even if the gadget is off a bit, your time was rockin'. My walking partner has a Nike + and it clocks us a bit faster than we actually go.

Good luck on your 5k next weekend. I am off to google the one hour runner program....that sounds like something I need.