Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Should Always Be a DOR!

I usually do my long runs on Saturday, but since I had my "day of beauty" yesterday and then had dinner with my family, I had to do my run today.

I went in with a good attitude, and decided to do it at a moderate pace so that I could enjoy the run... but 45 minutes just sounded REALLY long. After my 5 minute warm-up walk, that meant that I had to run until my HRM said 50 minutes!

And I was off! My time was pretty slow, as I expected, but I did enjoy the run. I found that I was generally low energy, which could be attributed to the fact that I did not have lunch or that I was tired after running errands all morning. Either way, I finished all 45 minutes and was so proud! That's big for me because only once in my life have I ever run for more than 45 minutes, and that was back in 1998 during an 8K race... back in the pre-baby days when I still had a large intestine even!

Week 7 of 10 of OHR is done, and I am now entering the final three weeks. I am progressing and it feels good! And I love my new haircut, and smaller clothes are fitting me now, and I just generally feel better. All those things, those are the reasons why I started to run again, so I am going to take a few minutes to savor them before rushing off to do the laundry (ho-hum). :-)

The plan for next week is:

W8D1 - 30 minute run (Tuesday)
W8D2 - 36 minute run (Thursday)
W8D3 - 49 minute run (Saturday)

Also, a huge congratulations to Delane who finished a half -marathon yesterday... you are an inspiration, and I'm in with you next year for the race if you want some company!

3 comments:

friedmsw said...

Glad that you enjoyed your day of beauty! Does HRM stand for heart rate monitor? Kepp up the good work!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Keep it up...
I find if I haven't eaten in a long time, a Mott's Applesauce (1 WeWa Point) is a quick boost before I go.

Delane said...

Large intestine made me LOL!