Sunday, November 9, 2008

Before

I am mentally preparing myself for the last run of One Hour Runner. I am going to the gym in about an hour, and am planning to just enjoy the experience and go for the hour at whatever pace I can.

I did a 40 minute run last Thursday without a day of rest between the first run of the week, and my right knee was giving me some grief about that. I am hoping that it feels good for today's long run, or at least that I can run out the pain pretty quickly.

After today, I am going to go steady through the rest of the year with three runs per week consisting of a 30 minute run on Tuesday, a 45 minute run on Thursday, and a long 60 minute run on the weekend. I know that the holidays are going to be busy, and I do not want to set myself up to miss my goals during this time. I also am hoping to increase my speed a bit because "slow as molasses" really is a good description for me right now. Part of this will hopefully come as a result of dropping some more weight because I am still lugging around almost 60 pounds of extra weight, so I am going to focus on losing some of that over the next two months, too. I know that it is hard to do during the holidays so I am not going to set huge goals, but even a loss of 10 pounds over the next couple of months would be great and should be doable.

Well, I am off to get ready for the gym now... I'll be back with the "After" post later today!

2 comments:

friedmsw said...

How did you get started with running? Did you start with brisk walking and then move into running? What other types of exercise do you focus on?

Take care! Have a great day!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Good luck.

I think your goals are very good. I have to make some.