Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Late Run

Yesterday's run was postponed to tonight because I needed some sleep last night. Yesterday I was woken up at 4:45 a.m. by a phone call from an employee telling me that his father had unexpectedly passed away during the middle of the night. Needless to say, I was unable to feel back asleep after the news, so I started my day extra early.

Then, after dropping off the child for all day care because her school was closed for the day, I received a call from my ex-husband as I drove to the train station telling me that his mother was diagnosed with lung cancer the day before, and that her husband had a positive PET Scan indicating that the cancer he had battled last year had returned. A double-whammy for him and his family.

All of this news before I even caught the train to work. I felt wiped out from the emotions.

Then we had a stressful day at work, and I battle crowds to get out of Chicago as people were gathering for the Obama rally in Grant Park. Once I arrived home and picked up my daughter, the gym was out and a Lunesta was in. No guilt whatsoever about pushing out the run.

This morning found me better rested and able to face the day without feeling so raw and upset for those who received the bad news about their parents. I was on plan with my eating today, and looking forward to my 30 minute run tonight.

As I hit the track, I started in on a serious daydream about the most handsome man in the world who just happens to work at the same company as I do... and the 30 minutes flew by! I physically felt on top of the world when 30 minutes came and was wishing that it was the night for a longer run! Who would've thought I would want to run longer than I "had" to???? But I stopped because it looks like I am going to need to do W10D2 tomorrow without a day of rest in-between and thus I did not want to overdo it tonight.

Great run, mediocre time, but VERY enjoyable. ;-)

Tomorrow I have a 40 minute run planned, and then I will cap off the week with a 60 minute run on Sunday. And thus I will complete the One Hour Runner Program this week... woo-hoo! That's AMAZING!!! Be prepared to hear my victory scream all the way at your house when I finish THAT run!!!

4 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

I want to hear about a man that can make you run...hahaha!

Sorry about all the emotions you had to go through. Sounds like you needed a good rest.

Pokey said...

Sorry you had a day like that...sometimes the workout just has to wait! Good luck with your running program.....waiting for the scream....

:)

Viv said...

Wow what a tough early day....I am glad you got that workout in the next day. Sometimes whatever it takes to get it done. I am bad about fantazing as well, think desperate housewives ..LOL!

friedmsw said...

Sorry that you had such a tough time. I would like to hear about your dream guy!