Thursday, December 4, 2008

Holiday Meme

I saw this on Melissa's blog and thought I would give it a whirl! If you want to play along, just copy the questions onto your blog, post the answers, and leave a comment here so I know to go read yours.
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags for ease of use since my time is limited, but the presents that I put under my tree are always wrapped.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? I grew up with real trees, but use an artificial one now. If I had a honey to do it for me, I would love a real one again.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I can after Thanksgiving is passed. This year, I will do it this coming weekend.
  4. When do you take the tree down? Early January.
  5. Do you like eggnog? I love it, but avoid it as much as possible because of the calories!
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? A doll that made pudding by stirring it. Chocolate pudding. Mmmmmm.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother. I wish I could find him the perfect gift for once.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter.
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? I had one that my mother made, but now I have no room for it so I returned it to her. :-(
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. With a photo of the child.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The annual thoughtless gift from my aunt and uncle. It made me feel like I was invisible, how little they knew me.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life. I always cry.
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In January when they have the after Christmas sales.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have donated some to charity.
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies with royal icing.
  16. Lights on the tree? I have three options on my tree because I can switch it from colored to white to colored + white! Love that tree!
  17. Favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard On High
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I spend it with my daughter and my mother, wherever we are.
  19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? You betcha!
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing because the tree top won't support it! But if it would, I would trade off years with a star one year and an angel the next.
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? From the family on Christmas Eve, and from Santa on Christmas Morning.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How much money I spend!
  23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't have a theme, but love the ones that we made when I was a child (I still have them and use them every year).
  24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm not picky, so whatever is served is good for me!
  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace and happiness and health. I now, it sounds trite, but that's what would do it for me.

No comments: