- Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags for ease of use since my time is limited, but the presents that I put under my tree are always wrapped.
- Real tree or Artificial? I grew up with real trees, but use an artificial one now. If I had a honey to do it for me, I would love a real one again.
- When do you put up the tree? Whenever I can after Thanksgiving is passed. This year, I will do it this coming weekend.
- When do you take the tree down? Early January.
- Do you like eggnog? I love it, but avoid it as much as possible because of the calories!
- Favorite gift received as a child? A doll that made pudding by stirring it. Chocolate pudding. Mmmmmm.
- Hardest person to buy for? My brother. I wish I could find him the perfect gift for once.
- Easiest person to buy for? My daughter.
- Do you have a nativity scene? I had one that my mother made, but now I have no room for it so I returned it to her. :-(
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. With a photo of the child.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The annual thoughtless gift from my aunt and uncle. It made me feel like I was invisible, how little they knew me.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life. I always cry.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? In January when they have the after Christmas sales.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have donated some to charity.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies with royal icing.
- Lights on the tree? I have three options on my tree because I can switch it from colored to white to colored + white! Love that tree!
- Favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard On High
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? I spend it with my daughter and my mother, wherever we are.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? You betcha!
- Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing because the tree top won't support it! But if it would, I would trade off years with a star one year and an angel the next.
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? From the family on Christmas Eve, and from Santa on Christmas Morning.
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How much money I spend!
- Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't have a theme, but love the ones that we made when I was a child (I still have them and use them every year).
- Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm not picky, so whatever is served is good for me!
- What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace and happiness and health. I now, it sounds trite, but that's what would do it for me.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I saw this on Melissa's blog and thought I would give it a whirl! If you want to play along, just copy the questions onto your blog, post the answers, and leave a comment here so I know to go read yours.