Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Holidays Are Gonna Get You!

I thought I had a good plan in place to get through the holidays without losing focus on my running. But the holidays are getting me anyway, plan or no plan! My last run was on Sunday, and by the time I came up for air today it was after 7:00 p.m. so I was going to scrap my plan to run today. Then I snapped out of it, changed quickly, and hustled over to the gym before it closed at 9:00 p.m, tonight.

I did an easy 30 minute run, and it felt good. But I forgot my iPod so no credit for it on the Nike+ site (damn it). And that also meant no music... OMG! I always run with my music! So I was feeling a little nervous, but it ended up being a good thing because I paid attention to my breathing a bit more.

I am loving the Garmin 405, and the fact that I can change the screen so that it only shows my heart rate and not my time or pace so that I do not get hung up on that. I look forward to using it outside so that I can see how accurate the foot pod is in calculating my pace/distance because it has me reading less than the Nike+ right now and I am not sure which one is more closer to reality. Not that it matters so much, because improvement is my primary goal now.

On a sad news front, I found out last night at our company holiday party that my work crush is engaged. Tears were shed when I got home (although I think that was the wine talking). Sigh.

I am planning to hit the gym tomorrow and aim for a 60 minute run. It has been a few weeks since I have done more than 30 minutes, so we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Terra Kent said...

hope things get better and merry xmas