Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Last Weekend of 2008

How is it that the last weekend of 2008 is already coming to a close? Christmas is over, I am back to work tomorrow, and I will probably only squeak out one more run in 2008, but I am optimistic about 2009.

I managed to get in two runs this weekend, albeit a short one yesterday due to a couple of factors:

1) It was hotter than Hades on the track
2) I was feeling under the weather

But now that I have been on Cipro for 24 hours, I was feeling well enough to do a 30 minute run today. The gym was unnaturally empty, but of course I ended up on the track with a woman who was running WHILE TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE. She looked like she was drunk because she was literally weaving across all five lanes of the track while holding her phone to her ear with her right hand and hunching over to that side. I really wanted to say some smart ass thing to her, but decided to mind my own business and focus on my run. I just turned my music up louder so that I did not have to hear her panting and screaming into the phone as I ran near her (dumbass). Seriously, I am a big fan of the cellphone but there is a time and place for it.

Other than that, I am spending the day doing some housework (and boring my child to death, I fear). I would like to get in one more run before I see 2009, but in case that doesn't happen I am going to wish you all a very Happy New Year! Here's to great success for us all in 2009!

2 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hate the cellphone at church, I mean the gym! Just as rude!

Melissa M. said...

I totally agree! It's HORRIBLE how many people out here in L.A. talk on their cellphones at the gym. Then again, I live in a state that just passed a law which takes effect Jan. 1 that bans text messaging while driving. That's one of those laws that if people only used a little common sense you wouldn't need to begin with, KWIM? Don't get me wrong, I'm as guilty as the next about texting while I'm stopped at a red light, but never while I'm actually driving. Sheesh!