Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

I was on an exercising streak... and I broke it. I started to feel under the weather on Monday afternoon, so no exercise. Then I was home sick on Tuesday so, again, no exercise. Yesterday I started to feel a little more normal, but still no exercise.

Today I got back to doing the stairs at work, but just one trip up and down because I was still feeling a little tired and I had a lunch meeting. I felt good after doing them, so I tackled the 30 Day Shred tonight. I can't believe that I am going to say this, but it was so much easier than the first few times and I am ready to try Level 2 next time! Woo-hoo! I am sure that will take me to a whole new level of sore, though.

The scale has been stuck for the past week, about 2 1/2 pounds higher than this time last week. And even though I had one wild night of eating, there is no reason for this gain. It is not even that time of the month, so no excuse there. I have to be extra careful with my intake in the next three weeks so that I can lose some weight before the Hustle.

On a non-weight related note, I have a date this weekend. The first one since I divorced over 3 1/2 years ago. We are meeting for coffee, and hopefully we will have a nice time. And if it doesn't work out, that's okay because I will consider it practice!

Off to bed, because now I really need my beauty sleep!

3 comments:

Melissa M. said...

Yay for dates!!!

A Daunting Tale of the Scale said...

There must be something in the stars for weight loss and excercise this week! I took three days off...at least from excercising and I have been using my flex points way more than usual.

Yay for you getting back to it! I think that is probably the hardest part. Let me know how Level 2 with Jillian goes...I stayed with Level 1 today.

Super double yay for going out on a date! You have such a great attitude about it as well :) Congrats!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay for the Easier Shred.
Glad you are feeling better.
Yay for the date!