Sunday, January 25, 2009

Posting Frenzy

I feel like I have been a posting maniac lately! Almost one every day! I guess that is a good thing because it means that I have been working out more lately. Today was no exception.

After seeing Hotel for Dogs with my daughter, I went to the gym for a run. I decided to do a short run and then check out the floor to see the stair climbing equipment because I had my daughter at my mom's house and didn't want to leave her there too long since my mom is recovering from surgery.

An amazing thing happened today during my run. I shaved just over a minute off of my mile pace! The cross-training (30 Day Shred and stair-climbing) must be doing something! I was really proud, and hope to continue to see improvements in my time because this is the first one in a LONG time.

Then I went to the floor and found the StairMill. I guess it is like a treadmill, but with stairs. I felt kind of awkward on it, and was probably going a little too fast because I only lasted 2 minutes! According to the machine, I spent most of my workout at a pace of 49 stairs per minute which is slower than I was doing it at work these past couple of days. It would also equate to approximately a 33 minute climb if I could sustain that pace in the Hustle Up the Hancock (which, were it today, I could not). I need A LOT of practice, folks, so this is going to be my focus for the next four weeks. I still plan to work in one run per week, and then once the event is over an I am able to walk again I will begint training in earnest for my 8K in late March.

I met with Jillian for the 30 Day Shred again this evening, and will be trying out Level 2 tomorrow. I hope it does not make me as sore as Level 1 did for the first few days!

No comments: