Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day of Rest

The good news is that I was able to complete three sets of 12 floors of stairs at lunch yesterday... woo-hoo! And I didn't spend the rest of the day with sore lungs... double woo-hoo! The great news is that I took a Day of Rest from intentional exercise today... YIPPEE!!!

But I have to be honest: It was 50 degrees in Chicago today, and I was seriously thinking of getting outside for a run. But my legs had other ideas, so I stuck to the Day of Rest and just ran a lot of errands and made some fun social visits to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful weather. Spring cannot come soon enough for me, and it is going to be hard to watch the temperatures plummet back down into the 20s next weekend as currently predicted.

Tomorrow it is back to the gym for a very short run and then the Stairmill. I have committed to do the stairs at work on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week, and am aiming to complete four sets of 12 floors of stairs on Friday. The Hustle Up the Hancock is two weeks from tomorrow (Sunday the 22nd), and I am going to taper my workouts before the event and will do my last one on Thursday the 19th so that my legs can feel capable of tackling the beast.

Now I am off to tuck my daughter in bed, and am going to tuck myself in, too, for some reading. I slept for 10 hours last night, and may just try that again tonight. That would be the perfect ending to my Day of Rest!

No comments: