Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scary Sick

Today is Day 3 of some kind of horrible illness that has invaded my body. If you have issues with potty talk, please go on your way and have a great day without reading any further.

It started on Monday. I didn't really think much of the diarrhea until the intense stomach cramping started in the afternoon. Since I no longer have a large intestine, diarrhea can be somewhat normal for me. But once the cramping began, I realized that I had been having diarrhea all morning and started putting two and two together: I was sick.

Cue Tuesday. I was so dizzy that there was no way I could make it to work. I managed to get the child to all-day care (school was closed), and then spent the rest of the day in bed. I was still suffering from the same issue as Monday, and could barely eat because I felt so nauseous.

This morning I tried to get myself in the shower to get dressed and in to work. I was so light-headed and weak that I could not even stand in the shower long enough to get it all going and had to sit down. I was also down over EIGHT POUNDS since Monday morning, which is crazy scary because it is all from dehydration. I have never had this happen before.

I am still having diarrhea for the third day in a row, and now my daughter has it, too, so we are both home for the day. I really do not know how I am going to care for her today because I cannot stand up for more than a minute or so without feeling faint.

This has made me appreciate my health so much. It is bringing back my memories of the years with Ulcerative Colitis where I had internal bleeding on a daily basis and had trouble climbing the stairs in my own home. I cannot WAIT to get my strength back and hit the gym again... it's a shame that it took this illness to drive that home again.

2 comments:

Delane said...

*sprayin lysol*

Stomach flu is going around, feel better soon!

A Daunting Tale of the Scale said...

Feel better soon!