Friday, March 27, 2009

7 Things

Thanks to A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare for tagging me in her blog to post 7 Things That I Love. Without further ado, here is my list:

1) My Daughter. She gives me purpose in life, and I am blessed to have her. Even on our most mundane days, she brings me true joy.

2) My Family. Even though they drive me bananas at times, they are a daily part of my life and I would have been hard-pressed to survive the things I have survived without them. We never run out of things to talk about, either.

3) My Kitties. I cannot even imagine my life without these furry little monsters roaming my house. They show me unconditional love (except when the food dish is empty... then they are just annoying).

4) Gadgets. I feel like the 6 Million Dollar Woman when I go for a run with my Garmin 405, GoWear Fit, Polar F11, and Nike+ iPod strapped on to my body, but they motivate me and keep the "cool" factor going for me with exercise. I am a geeky gadget girl at heart. Don't even get me started talking about my iPhone!

5) Bubble Baths. Due to my 30 year old hot water heater (yes, it REALLY is 30 years old), I have never been able to take a bath in my home since I bought it in Februray 2007... and I had a brand new soaker tub installed during the remodelling before moving in just for that purpose! But, as of tomorrow, I will have a spanking new tankless on-demand hot water heater and I plan to rekindle my love affair with le bain moussant. Break out the candles!

6) Music and Singing. I love music, and I cannot stop myself from breaking into song when a good one comes on (or even when I just think about a good one!). I make up songs all the time and sing them to my child and to my kitties, and now my daughter also has the singing bug so our van is like a mobile opera!

7) My Home. I will admit it... I am a homebody. At the end of a long day, there is no place that I would rather be than in my home with all of my things about me. I am getting better about going out from time to time, but frankly it is still an effort. Couple this with my extreme dislike of driving, and I am a veritable hermit!

This list is just so incomplete because I love far more things than I dislike. But I think that is a good thing because my cup is always half+ full.

1 comment:

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Get in that bathtub lady! Yay for a new water heater (well maybe not yay for the bill.)

Remember, both of your events that you werent able to participate in so far this year were out of your control. Unless you purposefully injected yourself with something that causes the flu OR rented a massive snow machine so that the 8K run wouldnt be safe. I'm guessing you didnt do either of these things :) You cant punish yourself for things out of your control...its just not worth it (ok I need to give myself this speach sometimes).