Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pity Party

I had visions of hot baths dancing in my head, but alas it was not meant to be. I have been without hot water since last Saturday, and will not have any hot water until this Saturday at the earliest.

And, frankly, we stink. I bathed at my mom's on Sunday night, but have been doing the old sponge bath and body spray routine since then. I am going to shower at the gym tomorrow, so that's a good thing for all of the people who must live, commute, and/or work with me.

This turn of events is due to issues that were encountered when I switched from an electric 50 gallon hot water heater to a gas tankless hot water heater. I won't bore you with all of the details, but suffice it to say that the BEST CASE situation will end with some ginormous holes in the drywall in my living room and a new 3/4" pipe running directly from my gas outlet at the meter to my hot water heater in the utility room. And that is if it works after that. Ugh.

In all honesty, this whole thing threw me into a tailspin, and my weight loss and fitness efforts have suffered this week. I have been dabbling with binge eating since Sunday (including my 4004 calorie day yesterday, complete with an entire bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs... and yes I did track it all). I have not run since last Thursday. And I have been so depressed that I have been doing nothing around the house and falling into bed somewhere betwee 8pm and 9pm at night.

It's amazing how fast I can backslide, ad how easy it is to go back to old habits and previous methods of self-soothing. It scary fast, actually, and oh so comfortable and known as I settle back in. But I do not want to live with those habits anymore, so I have dragged myself up by the hair and thrown myself back on plan today. My calories are within a good range, and I did some healthy grocery shooping. Two good things. Now I just have to get my streak going again so that it once again becomes second nature.

Off to watch my DVR-ed episode of The Biggest Loser for some extra motivation!

3 comments:

Delane said...

back of the mini eggs!!!!!!!!!!!! I face planted into chips and guacamole this weekend. Happens.

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

1-Thank you for the entirely awesome grocery list that you left for me. I got LOTS of ideas off of it! That really took a lot of time, so it is greatly appreciated.

2-Holy Effing Cowbells about the hot water heater. This weight loss/excercising more thing is hard enough without throwing enormous wrenches into our daily routines. I'm sure you'll start feeling much better once that is all resolved, maybe then you can work back into a new routine :)

KUDOS to you for tracking even on the 4,004 calorie day. That says a lot about the fact that you are being honest with yourself, good times and bad. I think you should think of it not as a bad day, but as a day where you STILL tracked.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I commend you on tracking the calories. And for acknowledging what you need to do.

Hoping the water heater issues work out!