Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pretty Woman

Now that I have dropped 50 pounds and am feeling better about my body, I have found that I am even more interested in looking as good as I can look. But when it comes to make-up and skincare products, I am out of touch and out of date!

As I near the big 4-0, I feel like I need to change things up a bit. I have always been a fan of foundation, but now find that it is settling into the lines that seem to have magically appeared on my face this year. After some research on the web, I found many good reviews for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I am hoping that it will make my lines less noticeable, and will try it out for the first time tomorrow morning because it just arrived today!

Now I need something for the lips. I ordered Lancome Juicy Tubes Rose Fishnets Lip Gloss. I tried some tonight and it is nice and has a very pretty shimmer, but not quite the be all and end all. I am looking for something that is just slightly darker than the natural lip color, that is long wearing but still feels moist.

As for skincare, I switched to the Olay Pro-X line near the beginning of the year and I really like it so far. I usually jump ship on skincare before I even finish the bottle, so the fact that I have blown through two starter kits of this stuff is pretty amazing!

If you have any favorites and would like to share them, I would love some recommendations on what to try next! For some background, I have dark brownish-red hair, blue eyes, and very fair skin... and I am at a pivotal point where I am open to moving past my comfort zone for good products!

1 comment:

Delane said...

did you say makeup!

I like Stilla's tinited brightening mouisturizer. It adds a nice healthy glow.

T-LeCerc makes the best loose powder


as for lips...my favorie glosses are Mac, T-LeCerc, Chanel and Clinique.

Bobby Brown makes some great face shimmers.

I I like Chanel Blush and radience powder...

I could go on...and on..an on!