Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday's Crazy Eights

I considered myself tagged by Carly for Crazy 8's today, so here goes!

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:

  1. Being able to run both farther and faster.
  2. Reaching my weight loss goal (and staying there).
  3. Swimming with my daughter in our pool this summer.
  4. Disney in December.
  5. Decluttering my home.
  6. Summertime pedicures (which are much less frequent in cold weather).
  7. The longer days of summer.
  8. The return of my favorite season: Fall.

8 Things I Did Yesterday (Not in This Order):

  1. Worked, in the office and at home.
  2. Grocery shopping.
  3. Dishes.
  4. Played Word Challenge on Facebook.
  5. Cleaned up cat barf from the carpet (fun fun fun).
  6. Took the garbage out.
  7. Made plans to go out on May 8th.
  8. Snuggled with the child.

8 Things I Wish I Could/Want To Do:

  1. Be independently wealthy and not have to work full-time.
  2. Run 10 minute miles.
  3. Run 10 consecutive miles.
  4. Wear sleeveless shirts.
  5. Eat whatever I like without gaining weight.
  6. Spend more time with my daughter.
  7. Hire daily household help.
  8. Be 15 years younger (in body).

8 Shows I Sometimes Watch:

  1. The Biggest Loser
  2. Top Chef
  3. News
  4. Grey's Anatomy
  5. Brothers & Sisters
  6. Property Ladder/Flip That House
  7. What Not to Wear
  8. America's Next Top Model marathons (while I clean)

8 People I Want to Know More About: TAG! You are it!

I had a short run tonight, about 2 miles, but I went and did it despite being soooooooooooo tired which is a good thing. I am looking forward to getting outside for runs more before the dog days of summer hit and I go back inside to the track again by choice.

I am nearing some big weight loss milestones, and am starting to feel more comfortable in my body again. The compliments are pouring in at work, and it certainly is motivating. But I am already booking up for the summer, and I know that those parties are going to bring eating challenges so I am going to have some learning to do on that front if I want to reach my goal weight early next Fall as planned.

This year I want to have professional photos taken of the child and me for our Christmas cards, which is something that we have never done. That is going to be one strong anchor for me because I can picture them in my mind... and I am thin in them, LOL! I am also planning a Disney trip in December with her, and again I am thin in my mind while we are there on vacation! I want to make sure that I have some things to look forward to, new and fun things that I can think and dream about when the frozen drinks and BBQ goodies and ice cream delights come to greet me over the summer.

It is late, so I am off to bed to creat some more dreams!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Great list!

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Such a positive post! Disney is December will be an awesome break from the Chicago winter, fantastic idea! Seriously that place even smells happy.

I really enjoyed your list, it looks to me like you have a really good list of goals to accomplish. And pshhht to saying you cant wear sleeveless shirts. Since I'm going to Turks & Caicos in June (thats my "trip to Paradise") I started freaking out about going sleeveless (temps are in the mid 90's) and looked at some photos of me and realized they arent nearly as bad as I think. Maybe take some pictures in a tank top and see if it's all just in your head. My calves on the other hand....there are no shorts in my future EVER.

Keep up the good work and positive attitude!!!