Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Review: Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout

This is not going to be a comprehensive review by any stretch of the imagination because I have only used this Wii game three times, but I have to say that the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for Wii is my current favorite!

I read the reviews before my purchase and thus I was aware that it is basically a cardio boxing game, but that is what I was looking for because I have been enjoying Tae Bo again. The first time I used it consisted of learning the basic moves (punches, footwork, ducks and weaves, etc.). That was pretty fun, and left me with some achiness in my arms a couple of days later. The second time I tried it I let them customize a workout for me, and it was a blast! I couldn't wait to do it again tonight!

Again tonight, I let it customize a workout for me but chose a light one because I ran at the gym earlier and didn't even start up the Wii until after 9:00 p.m. The workout got my heartrate up, and I added another exercise after the end of the customized workout to bring the whole thing to a bit over 10 minutes of exercise overall.

I plan to do it, even if only for 10 minutes, at least 5 nights a week because it is downright fun! I have not used it with my Wii Fit balance board yet, but it looks like there are some exercises that can only be done with the balance board in use. I have to replace my balance board batteries before I can add that to the mix, though, so maybe next week.

Frankly, this makes me want to find a cardio boxing class. I have never punched anyone in my life and am not a physical fighter by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I find the boxing moves to be quick and fierce and powerful... and I like it!

Overall, I would rate this as a great addition to my Wii collection. I think it's worth a rent or library check out for you if you find any interest in cardio boxing.

1 comment:

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Seriously, I need to get a Wii Fit. It sounds like there are so many fun ways to excercise!

Youre kicking excercise in the ass lately!