Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

I am enjoying a quiet moment in my chair as the sunlight streams in from the patio, my daughter is playing on the couch, and the cats are sleeping in sunny puddles on the floor. This is peace and happiness as I know it. :-)

We had a busy weekend, but I managed to sneak in some exercise both days. After an unexpected splurge of a lunch at a local Mexican restaurant yesterday, I called it quits for the day on the eating front at 1:45 p.m. Then I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred using 5 pound weights instead of my usual 3 pound ones. What a difference! I can feel it in my arms and legs today, that's for sure.

This morning we headed over to the gym, and I ran an easy 30 minute run. I was having some, er, gastro-intestinal distress from the huge lunch on Saturday, but my body cooperated enough to allow me to finish the run and then get in about 10 minutes of arms/shoulders/chest on the weight machines. I really pushed myself so I am already achy, but it is a good achy feeling... the feeling of pushing myself a bit outside of my comfort zone.

All in all, it was a great weekend. My daughter and I got to spend a lot of time together doing fun things, and we certainly had our fair share of fresh air. I love this time of year, and really enjoy the weekends that we can get outside (although it would be even better were it 10 degrees warmer, but I am not complaining). I hope the weather holds next weekend because I have BBQ plans and would love to hang out on my mom's new patio with a cool one on Monday if the weather cooperates!

Now it's time to make a last run out to Target before getting the child into homework and bath mode in preparation for school tomorrow. The weekends go by so quickly when they are wonderful ones like this one!

2 comments:

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

What a wonderful weekend! Youre kicking ass in the excercise department lady. I'm still using 2lb weights when I visit with Jillian.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like a great weekend!