Monday, June 8, 2009

Healthy You Challenge Update - Week 5

Weight Change Last Week
- 0.4 Pounds

Exercise
6/1
30 Minutes Wii EA Sports Active Personal Trainer (30 Day Challenge, - Intermediate - Day 5)

6/2
1.75 Mile Run

6/7
2.57 Mile Run
Weight Machines - Legs

My groove from last week took off for greener pastures, and I found myself really struggling this week. My exercise frequency was way down, and I spent four days in binge eating land. That is not a happy place for me to be. And this upcoming weigh in is probably going to be a severe blow to me because I am pretty sure I will have a gain. Such is life.

It's ironic, though, that I just reached two big weight loss milestones and then I had crazy binge/less exercise week. I also had some serious depression, for no particular reason other than the week before AF. I spent a lot of time sleeping or just sitting in my chair in a generally foul mood.

The good news in that I have been back on track since Saturday, and am feeling centered with my eating again. The real news, the news that is hard to swallow, is that I have not mastered binge eating and probably never will. I have just learned how to manage it a bit better so that it is four days in duration and not a month or a year or ten years of binge eating.

Here's to a better week for my health goals! Thanks for all of your support. :)

11 comments:

Mama Bear June said...

I think as long as you nip it in the bud and get back in track, you'll be fine. We all go through those "dark" days.
Path to Health

Al's CL Reviews said...

I think you did good for realizing it, and stepping back up. Every once in awhile, you are allowed to "take a break." Just as long as it isn't every 30 minutes from the last one.
:)

Good job for getting back on track!

Scale Junkie said...

I think a lot of us do that, reach a goal and then "over reward" ourselves but it sounds like you've made a nice recovery and you're back on track. Thats what matters most.

laurajane said...

Great job on the 0.4 lb loss. Sorry that you struggled the past week. I think the key is to recognize that and get back on track quickly, which you are doing so that's great! Don't worry if you have a gain - you'll take it right back off.

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Binge eating is an evil monster. I hear it talking to me all of the time. You've gotten back on track, and that's what is going to keep the weight off :) It's inspirational to me that you've made this into a journey and arent beating yourself up over things, its something that I can certainly learn from :)

Why isnt that we cant WANT to binge on things like lettuce and grapes...instead Mexican sounds way way better!

Rebeca @All Vegged Out said...

Recognition and change are the keys... I am thankful for every binge (wayyyy after it occurs of course) because it always teaches me something about myself and the next time it's better!

Still, your workouts continue to inspire me!

Susie said...

Hi--Thank you for stopping by to welcome me back. :)
CONGRATS ON THE MAJOR LOSS!!! WOW 100 lbs!!!!!!! Amazing. Also, it's great that you've been on track since Sat. It's so hard to be good all the time. At least you picked yourself up, brushed the "crumbs off" and got back in the game!!!! That's an accomplishment..big time.

MochaTrina said...

The good thing...you are back on track. That's the problem I have. I start doing great and then I move away from all the things that are making me successful. When that happens, I fall into this pit of despair. After I realize the err of my ways...I'm back on it...working out, eating right, etc. So keep on keeping on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

I am glad you are back on track..... The moody days suck... but brighter days are defintely ahead!

My 3 Month Challenge said...

I feel you!! I don't think it's possible to have a "perfectly healthy" lifestyle. It's probably been said a million times but looking into the future is what really matters. You're back on track now, don't look back! You are awesome :>
Don't forget to focus on the positive!!

MochaTrina said...

How are you? I just came to your page looking for a post.