Monday, June 22, 2009

Healthy You Challenge Update - Week 6 & 7

Weight Change for Week 6
+1.3 Pounds

Weight Change for Week 7
-1.1 Pounds

Activities for Week 6 & Week 7
6/9
20 Minute Walk

6/10
30 Minutes Rollerskating

6/14
2.52 Mile Run
Weight Machines - Arms

6/15
30 Minutes Swimming

6/16
2.34 Mile Run
Weight Machines - Legs

6/17
12 Floors of Stairs Down & Up (230 Stairs Down + 230 Stairs Up)
15 Minutes Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout

6/18
12 Floors of Stairs Down & Up (230 Stairs Down + 230 Stairs Up)
2.12 Mile Run
Weight Machines - Arms

6/19
12 Floors of Stairs Down & Up (230 Stairs Down + 230 Stairs Up)
60 Minute Pilates Stretch & Relax Class

6/20
30 Minutes Swimming

6/21
2.33 Mile Run
Weight Machines - Legs
30 Minutes Rollerskating


Summer is upon us here in Chicago! We have had several days around 90 degrees, and I have been taking advantage of our pool. I love to swim, and because I have been so heavy for so long and shunned swimsuits, I am tickled to be at a place where I will put one on again and jump in the pool on a regular basis. I have come to realize that this is one of the true rewards of losing weight for me... doing fun things that I love without worrying so much about how I look.

I had a gain in Week 6 as I expected, but I jumped back on plan and most of it was gone for my Week 7 weigh-in. Such is life. The good thing is that I have been taking my activity outside of the gym and doing things like rollerskating at the roller rink with my daughter and swimming in the pool with my friends and family. This has made the whole process even that much more enjoyable for me.

I have not lost much weight this last month and a half, and I am trying to jumpstart the weight loss again. I have been focusing on balancing my meals closer to the 40-30-30 principle, and have been eating more clean foods with a heavy emphasis on fruits and vegetables. I have a beautiful bowl of orange persimmons and nectarines on my countertop, and have been choosing them as my snack of choice. I also bought some kumquats, which I love, and fresh strawberries, blueberries, and red grapes. Baby spinach and broccoli slaw have also been staples on my menu these past two weeks.

I am off to shower after another night in the pool... what a treat!

5 comments:

MochaTrina said...

Rollerskating...sweet! I'm going to see if I could get some of my friends to go. I would love to be at that place in my weight loss where I feel comfortable in a swimsuit.

Mama Bear June said...

It's always fun to make our activity an outing with family. Swimming is so fun. Wish we had a convenient pool here.
Path to Health

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your summer!

Mary @ A Merry Life said...

Swimming is sooo much fun! I really want to go swimming soon... its crazy hot here in Memphis. But hey, I think the high is like 99 today! :)

Hope you have a great week!

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Yay pool! After this vacation where I spent 16 hours a day in a swim suit, I finally decided I dont care what other people think. I'm wearing a swimsuit. Ok, ok, perhaps when people besides my family are around I might freak out.

Enjoy the pool lady!!