Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Healthy You Challenge - Week 8

Weight Change Last Week
- 0.0 Pounds (Maintain)

Exercise
6/22
30 Minutes Swimming

6/23
12 Floors of Stairs Down & Up (230 Stairs Down + 230 Stairs Up)
30 Minutes Swimming

6/24
30 Minutes Swimming

6/26
30 Minutes Swimming

6/27
30 Minutes Swimming

6/28
1.5 Mile Run
15 Minutes on Elliptical Machine
Weight Machines - Legs
30 Minutes Swimming

Hmmm... does anyone see a pattern in my activity last week?! Swimming, swimming, and more swimming! I only counted 30 minutes per day, but most days we were actually in the pool for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. It was so hot last week that all my daughter and I wanted to do was jump in the pool once we got home in the evening, so we had a standing appointment with the pool on the nights that she was with me.

I only got in one run, but such is life. I made it a goal to get in three runs this week, and I already have one under my belt so I see this as doable. Also, it is much colder outside this week than it was last week, so we are not choosing the pool over the gym every evening as we did last week.

I decided to mix it up a bit on the food front and start counting points again in addition to tracking my calories on The Daily Plate. The scale has been moving this week, so I hope to see good news on the scale when I formally weigh in on Friday.

Even though I have been on a plateau for the better part of the last 1 1/2 months, there must be some changes happening in my body because the compliments have started rushing in again this week. Seriously, three or so a day! I must admit that I am loving it, and it certainly has renewed my motivation this week.

I also rediscovered the elliptical machine at the gym, and have been using it for interval training. What I have done the past two workouts is run on the track, then come down to the machines and hop on the elliptical for 15 minutes with intervals of over 200 strides per minutes, and then I have closed the workout with weight machines until my body felt like jello. It is adding some much needed variety to my workouts!

Onward to another good week! I hope that you all are doing well on your journey, too.

2 comments:

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Running and THEN the elliptical, youre crazy lady :D Send some of your cooler weather my way!

Mary @ A Merry Life said...

Swimming is soooo much fun and great exercise! I wish I did it more.

Sometimes weight can plateau but your body can totally change. That is probably happening... so take it as a good thing! Hope the scale shows the progress soon too.