Sunday, June 28, 2009

If Every Day Was Sunday

I would be fit and firm and at goal in no time! For whatever reason, Sundays seem to be the days that I rock the exercise. Today I have done the following:

1.5 mile run
15 minutes of interval training on the elliptical
10 minutes of weights (legs)
1 hour of swimming in the pool (leisure, not laps)

Not to mention over an hour walking around Costco pushing a heavy cart (including my 50 pound child!) and countless trips up and down the stairs while doing six loads of laundry. Whew, I am ready for some time in my chair!

I have been slacking on my running this week because my daughter and I have been spending every evening in the pool! It was so hot last week that we couldn't wait to get some dinner in and then hit the pool until her bedtime. But it wasn't all because when I went for a run today, I ran my first mile in 10 minutes 45 seconds, which is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for me!

Wednesday will mark one year since I restarted my weight loss journey after a "break" of almost 2 years. A "break" that resulted in a 60 pound weight gain. :-(

In this year, I have lost those 60 pounds and am at a fitness level that I have not seen for over 10 years. So even though I have been on a plateau for the better part of the last month and a half, I am still thankful for the progress that I have made. I am also thankful for the fun that I am now having with my child, including roller skating and swimming and badminton and tossing the ball around in the yard. Things have certainly changed for the better since last summer!

In order to mix it up a bit, I have started counting point again in addition to tracking my calories. One interesting observation is that I may not be eating ENOUGH now. When I first went from counting points to tracking calories, I was eating different foods (more sweets and carbs) and thus it felt like I got to eat more food when I hit my calorie target on The Daily Plate than I did when I ate my daily points allowance. Now the reverse seems to be true since I am eating so many more fruits and vegetables, many of which are 0 or 1 point foods. So we shall see if this change in my intake logging will help me to break the plateau.

It's time to put my child to bed, so good night for now. Until tomorrow ad the Healthy You Challenge check-in!

4 comments:

MochaTrina said...

Yea, I find when I eat more filling foods...veggies and fruits, I don't eat as much.

Good for you on your breakthrough! Keep it moving!

Carly said...

Nice job getting all that work done! You were super productive. I would would take the pool route too....running in the heat stinks.

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

I bet youre getting tons of excercise in the pool, which is making up for the lack of running :)

You really are an inspiration to me. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the year!

It is interesting...I am all over the place on points, but pretty on target on calories.