Sunday, July 12, 2009

Healthy You Challenge Update

I have decided to change the day that I post my Healthy You Challenge updates to Sunday because this seems to be the only day of the week that I have time to post so far this summer! That's actually a good thing because it means that I have been keeping myself busy and away from the computer (and thus I have been keeping my bottom OUT of my comfy chair)!

I broke through my plateau last week, and only have 23 more pounds to go until I hit my Weight Watchers goal. I have 32 pounds to lose to hit my personal goal, but frankly that is still up in the air because I am going to base it more on how I look. Right now the remaining weight that I want to use is clustered as fat in a few places: My stomach, inner thighs, and upper arms.

I was down 2.9 pounds for the week, and I had so much activity that it was crazy! I was at the gym before 8:00 a.m. on each day of my three day weekend, and did each of these three activities each day: 1) Running on the track, 2) Elliptical machine, and 3) Weights. I also climbed stairs at work at lunch almost every day, and swam many an evening. I am really enjoying an active summer, and that makes me very happy. :-)

I went to the pool today with my daughter, for the first time in the afternoon when there were a bunch of other neighbors there. And frankly, I just put my self-consciousness behind me and had a good time in the water. I even spent about 30 minutes laying in the sun afterward, and now I am a bit pink around the edges!

As I was laying in the sun, I was daydreaming about what it will feel like to be at goal next year. After massive weight loss, I know that my body will never be "perfect" again, but it will be nice to be a healthy weight again where I feel good about myself. The best part of it is that I am enjoying the summer that I have now, at the weight that I am at now, which is something I can't really remember doing as I was always waiting for "next year", and assuming that the next year would bring me to the weight I wanted to be so that I could start living. But the living has started, and now it will just continue to improve!

3 comments:

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

You are so close to your goal, I bet you can taste it (so to speak.) Good for you for getting out in the pool and trying not to care what other people think, for me that was a huge hurrdle to get over, and I'm not where near close to goal! All of your summer activity is really adding up in the lbs lost!! Great job!

erinstartsliving said...

Congrats on breaking through your plateau! 23 more pounds till your at goal! that is something to celebrate. keep enjoying your active summer!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay on breaking through! Keep going!