Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Been Awhile

My goodness, the summer has flown by! I have been so busy enjoying the pool with my daughter after work that I have not made the time to post on a regular basis. I guess that is the point of trying to get healthy and lose the weight... to go out and live my life, which I have been doing.

I have been averaging three runs a week, but have decreased my weekly mileage to less than 10 miles a week. Instead, I have tacked on 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 10 minutes on the weight machines to each workout. So, even though my overall mileage has decreased, I am working out longer and burning more calories with each workout. This is in line with my weight loss goals and, once I hit my goal weight and figure out how to maintain it, I will focus on increasing my mileage.

The good news is that my normal mile is now in the 11 minute zone. That's a big movement for me! So I have improved my speed during this time of decreased mileage, and thus I get in more mileage in a shorter time period.

Additionally, I took my first Zumba class last weekend (thanks, Jolene!) and loved it! I plan to make this a regular Saturday morning activity as it is a good break from the gym that actually blasts the calories in a hour-long class.

I have also reinstated my stair climbing at lunch, and now am up to 13 floors of stairs down and then back up in about 8 minutes. It is something, and it is a good mid-day break to detach my bottom from my office chair!

In other news, I broke my 1 1/2 month plateau, but the scale is still declining very slowly. I have about 28 pounds left to goal, so this may be a trend that I need to get used to from this point on... although I hope not!

Now that my "catch up" post is done, I will try to be more regular in posting so that don't have to do one again!

2 comments:

Delane said...

My pace usually increases when my mileage drops. Of course right now my miles is oh 4 miles a week *sigh*

Congrats on breaking the plateau!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay on the plateau break!