Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shaking Things Up a Bit

I started shaking things up this last month, and I am feeling good about it!

On the food front, I have switched from tracking calories on The Daily Plate to counting points on Weight Watchers Online. I have also been trying to eat foods that keep me fuller for a longer period of time in order to keep from eating all day long.

On the exercise front, I have reduced my overall weekly running mileage while still running three days a week, but have added 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the weight machines to each workout. I also found a yoga class that I really like and am making provisions to be able to attend it weekly. I also started taking Zumba classes at the community center in town, and am signing up as a regular for the next session. Branching out like this has made me want to be even more active in my non-exercise time, so I find myself getting in the pool with my daughter as much as possible and doing activities with lots of walking and doing the stairs at work during my lunch break (I am now doing 13 floors down and then back up in about 8 minutes).

I have wanted to get back into yoga since I stopped taking classes about 11 years ago, and I am thrilled that I have found an instructor that inspires me again. And Zumba... well, that is just plain fun! My second class was even better than my first, and I felt like I got more of the steps down. But honestly, even when I had no idea what I was doing, I just danced to my own thing and kept moving and had a great time.

I am seeing big changes in my body now. Muscles are coming out in my legs, and I am generally slimmer at this weight than I have been at other times at this same weight. I wet shopping today and bought tops in a Medium because the Large was just too big, and am ready to buy some Size 10 jeans. I still have quite a ways to go, but now the last 28 pounds seems doable and I am enjoying the way that I feel now as I keep moving forward in my weight loss journey.

It was just over a year ago that I made changes to lose the weight for good, and I shook things up pretty fiercely then. So now I am shaking them up again, continuing the annual cycle of improvement and change that I have established for myself these last two summers. And it feels good!

3 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the size 10 jeans and medium tops.

All your changes... you sound like you are becoming a more confident you!

Jenn said...

Sounds like you are on fire! It's important to change things up. Zumba is fun, isn't it? I have the DVD's, and my gym offers a class 2x's a month - I am trying to get to it, but it's at a bad time for me. :(
I hope your changes bring you great results!

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Size 10 jeans. YAYA! That is absolutely awesome. Sounds like you've really got a groove going with the working out and eating. Isnt it amazing, when we have the mojo it seems almost effortless, I wish I had mine right now :(

Glad to hear that you are enjoying zumba. Youre a working out machine lady!