Saturday, September 26, 2009

PR Charity Classic 5K Recap

Despite being sick for the better part of the week, I decided that I was in good enough shape to run the PR Charity Classic 5K race this morning. I am glad that I made that choice. :-)

It was a smaller race, with maybe 350 to 375 runners. No strollers, dogs, scooters, roller blades, or young children allowed (THANK GOODNESS!!!!), so it was a very enjoyable course. The rain held off, but it was a bit humid out so I should have skipped the long sleeve pull-over because I was too hot.

Nonetheless, I ran it at a pretty consistent pace and finished with a PR time which made me very happy. Afterward, I stopped by my friends at the tea shop for some iced herbal tea... and then I headed to a 60 minute Zumba class.

Yes, you read that correctly. I went from a 5K race to an hour long fitness class. By choice.

About 10 minutes in Zumba, I started to think that it might not be a good idea. I was tired and my feet were not responding as usual. But there was NO WAY that I was going to walk out of the class before it was over so I stuck it out and just did what I could.

Altogether, the calorie burn for the two activites was 975 calroies per my GoWear fit... wowza!!! That was worth it! And I really needed the boost that it gave me because I have not been to the gym since last Saturday because I was not feeling well, and I was starting to get that guilty mentality where it is hard to get back on track. Not anymore, though, because if I can do this then I'm back, Baby!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

your motivating me...I have to get off mu butt today. That was a lot of calorie burning you did today!

Al's CL Reviews said...

terrific

[smash] said...

Amazing job! XOXO [SMASH]

tlamhain said...

Rock on!!!!!

newbierunner said...

wow! that's incredible. Good for you for sticking to that class.