Monday, September 7, 2009

"She's Got Big Pants!!!!"

What a weekend so far! We have had a great one with social activities every day, and now the last day is upon us (sniff, sniff).

On Saturday, we went to our friends' house for dinner and s'mores around the fire pit in the backyard. The family has two girls that my daughter has known for a few years, and they currently attend an after-school care program together. Once we arrived, the kids were off to play and the moms were off to talking!

At one point, the girls decided that it would be fun to fill their clothes and hair with sand. MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF SAND. When my blond child with hair down to her waist showed up with sand encrusted in her braid, we decided to strip all three children down in the backyard, shake off the sand, and then give then showers. They loved it... three girls in a shower!

As they were getting their clothes on, I stayed back to clean up the bathroom a bit after the explosion of children. While I was bending over, one of the little girls came in pointed at me and laughed, and then told her sister that she had to come in and see me because I had "big pants". I looked at my pants and thought they must be saying something about me being large, so I asked their mom what they meant and she told me that I needed new (smaller) jeans because I had droopy drawers! And here I was, flipping into fat-girl mentality and thinking that it was an insult about my size!

So yesterday we went to the store and I bought myself some new jeans. Some SIZE 10 JEANS!!!! Woo-hoo! And I wore them for the first time last night. :-)

Have a wonderful Labor Day!!!

4 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

What a fantastic way to cap off the weekend!

Delane said...

Great seeing you yesterday.

Congats on the skinny jeans

Jenn said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the new pants, lol.

[smash] said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog. I wanted to congratulate you on your pants! *heehee* That sounded odd. Work it! :] XOXO [SMASH]