Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving & An EP Turkey Trot 5K Recap




Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!!

I have so much to be thankful for this year. My health, the health of my loved ones, my family, great friends (both old and new), my wonderful job, our lovely home, time to myself, 50 fewer pounds... I could keep going, but I think you get my point. It had been a blessed year, and I am truly thankful!

Today I am overbooked, which is a blessing in and of itself. I will be going to two different places for Thanksgiving, so I have to pace myself with all the food! Then I am spending the night at my friend's house and we are making an early morning visit to the gym to burn some of it off.

This morning I ran my second annual EP Turkey Trot 5K race, and I had another PR. I also ran it 7 minutes and 10 seconds faster than last year, and that is something to cheer about! It was a very cold and raining morning, but we were lucky enough to have the rain hold off during the race itself, and I was not cold with all the exertion so no problem there.

I ran the race by myself last year, but this year I had two friends come and run it with me. We had dramatically different paces, so we did not truly run together, but it was nice to have friends with me!

I hope that you all have a wonderful day with your friends and family, and that you spend your weekend as you like whether that is shopping, relaxing, or visiting with family and friends.