Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ringing Out The Old In 2009

I saw this on The Daily Mel blog, and thought it would be a fun way to ring out 2009!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Went to a July gathering of people that I knew from an online message board but had never met in real life. And it was a blast! I have seen several of them a few times since, and hope to see them even more in 2010.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't have any specific resolutions (did I?), but I have lost 45 pounds since I rang in 2009 so I consider it a success in terms of my biggest goal. I also kept up with my running and significantly improved my mile time, so I am pleased!

3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?

With my daughter, my mother, and our friend Jan at my house. We will stay up until midnight, do our 2010 prosperity "rituals", and then head right to bed!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

A co-worker and a relative by marriage from my father's remarriage, but I was not close to either one of them except by proximity.

5. What countries did you visit?

The good old US of A!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

A romantic relationship.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

December 9th - My 40th birthday!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Making great new friends and creating a new social life for myself.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not saving as much money as I could have to offset future raining days.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I had the stomach flu in February, and then had a three week long cold in November/December.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A new wardrobe to fit my smaller figure.

12. Where did most of your money go?

Mortgage and childcare costs.

13. What song will always remind you of 2009?

There is no single song that comes to mind for me.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Enjoying quality time with my daughter and my family.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Wasting time on the computer.

16. What was your favorite TV program?

Two: The Biggest Loser and Top Chef.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No. Not really into hating. But I have had some major disappointments.

18. What was the best book you read?

The Time Traveler's Wife.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Again, no big musical revelations this year that come to mind.

20. What was your favorite film of this year?

The Hangover and Inglourious Basterds. Anitchrist was the most shocking.

21. What did you do on your birthday?

Worked and went to Chinatown for dinner with vendors from Taiwan.

22. What kept you sane?

Exercise.

23. Who did you miss?

I missed having a partner.

24. Who was the best new person you met?

Too many to name, but there are two special ones here and several from other states! It was a great year for new friends.

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:

That you have to both enjoy yourself and challenge yourself in order to feel peaceful.

Here's to a fantastic 2010!

2 comments:

Melissa (TheDailyMel) said...

Loved reading all your responses. Here's to a great 2010 for both of us! Happy New Year! =)

scalewarfare said...

Youve had a great 2009 :) Congrats on the Weight Loss and I look forward to keeping up with you in 2010!~