Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sign Me Up!

I have been playing around with the same 4 pounds for awhile now. My own fault for letting my focus slip over the past couple of months, so this is not a guilt-ridden post. I have been enjoying myself, sometimes a bit too much in the food and drink department, but such is life!

The week before (and including) Christmas was an out of control pig-fest of food and alcohol. I had a great time, in oh so many ways, but by December 26th I WAS DONE. Like "stick a fork in me, I'm done" done. So I started counting points again and went back to the gym. It was actually a relief. I now have 4 solidly on-plan days under my belt along with three hour-long workouts, so everything is moving along smoothly.

But it is time to really kick my weight loss into high gear again to reach my goal in 2010, so I signed up for The Weight Off at work. Basically, we are forming as many teams of 4 as there are interested people, and each team must have at least one female on it. We have our first weigh-in on 1/8/2010, a second one four weeks later, and then a final one eight weeks after that, for a total of 12 weeks of weight loss competition. Each team member pays $25.00, and the team that loses the biggest percentage of weight gets the entire pot to split evenly between the four members. Last time the pot was $1200, so this can be some good money!

I was put together with 3 people in different areas of the company because I could not find a team of 4 in my department willing to sign up. This is actually good in a way because it makes me feel more committed because I do not want to slack off and make them lose their investment and a shot at the pot.

I plan to keep myself on plan until 1/8, but then I am going to kick it into high gear. Hopefully these upcoming 12 weeks will find me close to goal, which would make me so very happy!

1 comment:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Good luck! I agree about the Stick in Fork with me statement.