Sunday, January 24, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 2

Week 2 of 15 of my half marathon training is now in the books!

It was a good week for running! The bad part was the my foot pain continued this week, so I went to the Naperville Running Company yesterday and got properly fitted for a new pair of running shoes. I am now the proud owner of a pair of ASICS Gel Kayano 16 running shoes!

I ran in them for the first time today on my long run of the week, and I felt good! Some different muscle sensations in my ankles and calves, but no pain. Let's hope the trend continues!

My running consisted of two 3 mile runs and one 4 mile run. Total mileage for the week (including warm-ups and cool down) was just over 11 miles. I was actually quite proud that I got all three runs in because I skipped my Thursday night run to attend a fitness class with a friend (more on that later!). So I had to be crafty and find a way to make up the run, which meant going to my brother and sister-in-law's house on Friday night and using their treadmill while they ate dinner as my daughter sat in the playroom next to the workout area! Mission accomplished.

My cross training consisted of a 20 minute elliptical session, and the aforementioned fitness class with a friend. It was called Kwando Extreme, and it was 1 1/2 hours of serious work! From 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday night, I had my @ss kicked with kickboxing, cardio step, weight training, pilates, and yoga. What a workout! We plan to go back every two weeks, so I am going to have to move around some runs during the week to allow for it.

My weight loss this week was great! Despite some horrible eating last weekend, I tightened my belt during the week and I was down 3.9 pounds at my weigh-in on Friday morning! That sets me firmly in the 170s, which makes me VERY happy!!! :-)

Tonight I will be cooking up a storm for next week's meals, and getting some laundry done so that we will be clean and presentable. Onward to Week 3!

5 comments:

scalewarfare said...

What a great week for you! All of your runs in and the scale down almost 4 pounds! Awesome!

Corletta said...

Girl...I too am a runner and trying HARD to get in the 180's. Hearing that you had a bad week, but then tighten up the next is SUPER encouraging. Anyways...keep the great work up!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Woohoo! Great way to make up the running, and great loss!

Tricia said...

Yippeee for new shoes!

Mama Bear June said...

You are doing a GREAT job! Congrats on the loss and getting the runs in.
Path to Health