Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Challenge

Welcome to 2010! I am doing my best to make it a fantastic year. including squashing the urge to binge eat and power feed tonight after a very tough day at work. Hey... it's something!

Friday is the start of the Weight Off at work. I am not sure where I am weight-wise right now because I had a horrible holiday season in terms of my intake, and have really only been back on plan since Sunday. I will weigh in myself at home on Friday morning so that I know where I start when the competition begins and ends and can assure myself that I have contributed to the success of my team since our weigh-in at work is all at once as a team. I want to WIN, dammit! It looks like the pot may be $1000, and I just know that $250 of that has my name on it!

My exercise habits have been crap lately. I struggled with all of the extra activities during the holidays, and now I find myself tired and cold and just not getting my ass to the gym as needed. Hopefully this challenge will be the swift kick that I need right now. The good news is that I am doing the stairs at work. Did them twice today, actually. There is another wellness challenge at work that involves climbing the 12 floors of stairs. If you hit various targets in the month of January like climbing them 10 times, 15 times or 20 times during the month, you get entered into a raffle at the appropriate level for a prize. More than anything, though, it is getting many of us to get up out of our desk chairs and do something physical (and quite challenging, actually).

And finally it is photo time!!! Now that my holiday cards are out, I have included one of the photos from my fall photo shoot with the child. This is one of my favorites, and I keep an 8 x 10 of it on my desk at work to remind me of what I am working for every day. Life is good. :-)


6 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Fantastic pic! You guys look great!

scalewarfare said...

What an amazing picture. You two could be in an advertisement of some sort, seriously!

I wish we had stairs at work. When it's warmer I walk around the outside of the building, but its been Freeeeeeezing out so I hardly leave my desk!

Melissa (TheDailyMel) said...

I *love* this pic of you guys!

Good luck in the new challenge! My exercise habits were crap over the holidays as well. It always sucks trying to get back on track, doesn't it?! LOL

Delane said...

*sniff*

I must be on the outs as I did not get a holiday card

photo is great

Nadene said...

beautiful picture :)

Kris said...

I love this photo everytime I see it. :)