Saturday, February 13, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 4

Week 4 is done! I finished "late" again, on Thursday night, but I am working to get in all of my planned workouts before my half. Good thing I left myself some extra time because the best laid plans of mice and men, well, you know the rest. ;-)

Thank you for all of the comments. I take them all to heart, like Corletta guiding my focus back to the training and away from the weight loss, and the suggestion from Jen to look into a foam roller for my aching muscles (it just arrived from www.target.com, and I was unaware that such a thing existed until you mentioned it! Thanks!). Every "great job" (Al and Tricia) adds to my motivation, so that you for caring!

My weekly mileage was 13.4 miles including my warm-ups and cool downs, and it was a record week for me in terms of weekly mileage! My shoes seems properly broken in and now I am feeling fewer aches and pains both during and after runs. Good news!

On another health-related front, I found out that both my Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D levels were quite low after blood tests from my new doctor were done. Thus, I am now receiving weekly B12 shots for four weeks, and I had my first one last Wednesday. I am also taking a prescription dose of Vitamin D, 50,000 iu in one weekly pill for twelve weeks, which also started last Wednesday. I have not noticed a different yet, but I remain hopeful that I'll start to feel more energetic soon. Hopefully Spring will make an appearance soon, and the sun will return to this cold and dark place, and my mood will lift, too, as I have been in a blue period these past couple of weeks.

I am off to go grocery shopping now, and plan to make myself some beautiful veggies for Valentine's Day! I hope that you all have a wonderful day tomorrow and are treated to something special, whether by yourself (like me) or by a special someone in your life!

4 comments:

Jen said...

FYI: B12 helps with your energy levels... so look for a boost when you get all regulated.

Donna said...

You are doing great! You are my hero!

Corletta said...

I'm proud of you momma! Keep the great work up!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Interesting on the Vit D. My dr just told me running outside is not enough D3 for me and to take 2000iu's a day.

Keep it up!