Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Last Run Before The Half

I ran my last run before Saturday's half marathon, and it was a great run. I started out around 6:00 p.m. tonight with sunlight and 60 degree weather, and I ended after 4.05 miles with a big smile on my face. It was a great run finish my race training.

I am nervous about Saturday's race. It is looking like showers during the race, and I am such a fair weather runner! Regardless, I will be running. Come rain or shine, I am there. But my nerves have been manifesting as poor food choices, so my carb loading has begun in earnest... and NO ONE needs that many carbs, not even ultra-marathoners!!!

But I will refocus on my eating and on losing the remainder of my weight once the race is over. For now I am just to enjoy the big day as much as I can!

Tomorrow I work a full day, and then Friday I am working from home in the a.m. and leaving at noon to start the 5+ hour drive to the race. And Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. the race will begin!

I'll be back here on Monday to post a full report. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Delane said...

Good luck!!! you will do great.

Make sure to bring a visor if it rains and a dry top to change into after the race.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yes about the visor or a cap.
Nothing worse than rain coming off your eyelids.

You trained hard for this! You will do great!

Nona said...

Good Luck!!! Hope you do very well!!!