Saturday, May 8, 2010

Anelise's Run 5K Race Report

Well, I ended up with a PR... go figure! And I ran it about 2 1/2 minutes faster than last year, so that is good news.

It was cold this morning. I should have brought gloves. The race was a two-loop flat course, and I started out too fast. Mile 1 was 11:10, Mile 2 was 11:25, and Mile 3.1 was 12:37. Not too bad for my first post-half marathon run.

The bad news is that the pain in my right hip and arch showed up again around the 2.5 mile mark. But it didn't slow me down too much, and it stopped once I stopped running.

We went to Starbucks afterward, and now I am heading up to my room for a hot bubble bath before heading over to my nephew's 3rd birthday party. And tonight I am going "man shopping" with a single girlfriend (her words, LOL)... but I am just window shopping and WILL NOT be making any purchases!

To all of the mothers out there, an early Happy Mother's Day! To those who can still tell their mothers how much they love them, congrats and spread the love tomorrow, and to those who cannot... (((HUGS))).

4 comments:

Carly said...

Congrats on the 5K PR! I hope the hip pain is nothing serious. Have a great Mother's Day!

Delane said...

Congrats on the PR.

I hope your hip is okay.

Donna said...

Congratulations! I wish you the best on your "window shopping". ;)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats!