Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time To Face The Music

Well, my first half marathon is history. Now it is time to face the music and undo the damage that I allowed to happen in the last month.

I admit it. I let my nerves get the best of me. I slipped back into old (bad) habits. Okay, I actually dove back into them, and now my pants are uncomfortably tight and my tummy feels huge. I allowed the half to become my excuse to ignore my lifestyle changes on the eating front, and it is time to get back on the path that I want to walk.

My WW week starts on Friday, so as of tomorrow I am tracking again. That's my goal for the week, to track everything for a whole week. I have a birthday party on Saturday and a Mother's Day brunch on Sunday, so I do not expect perfection but I do demand accountability from myself this week. I have gained weight... maybe 5 pounds, maybe 10 pounds, I do not know because I am afraid to step on the scale right now. And I am not going to do so until Friday, May 14th, when I can feel a bit more stable about dealing with the number that I see on it after having a good week under my belt. Yes, I am playing games with myself, but it is what I feel I can handle right now. So be it.

I know that this will just be a small detour on my journey if I get a grip and make a U-Turn right now. That is what I want. I will make it so.

Onward and downward!

4 comments:

Melissa (TheDailyMel) said...

Good for you for taking back the reins! You can do it!!

Delane said...

its hard for people to train and lose. You have to be really strict and go to be hungry some nights. I lost 11 lbs 2 years ago training, but it was hard and I was hungry.ALL.THE.TIME!

adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com said...

Back on the saddle :) Why on earth is it so freaking hard to loose but SO easy to gain. Seriously...

Great job on the 1/2!!! Looking forward to hearing how your week goes after a week of tracking again. Just my two cents. It might be worth hopping on the scale this morning and writing the number down. That way by next Friday you'll see progress :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

I lost but like Delane said, I was hungry a lot.

Also gained the week after the half.

Good job on bringing in the reins!