Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's A Beautiful Day!

By my 7:00 p.m. training appointment with Alex, it was just the right temperature to do an outside workout. Which means training with the TRX system! I tell you, I really like it. It is hard, and I feel like a loser sometimes, but I get a serious workout! I am still wobbly in the arms and jelly-like in my legs, and I can feel every muscle in my shoulders. And it is a good, spent feeling.

I need to get in a run. My last one was almost a week ago. I am going to try to get all of my work done around the house tonight so that I can go out for a 5:45 a.m. run in the morning before work. Slow and hopefully at least three miles, but steady and serious cardio.

I have been following the eating plan for 11 days now, and I am down about 10 pounds. I haven't even wanted to deviate. As a matter of fact, I am looking at a very off plan day tomorrow because 1) we are taking a co-worker out for lunch to celebrate her return to the office after a leave of absence and 2) I am having a super-duper sleep over with my friend's two girls, my own girl-child, and my friend Joann and her son where we will be eating pizza and drinking Dark & Stormys (well, the adults will be... just some milk or juice for the kids). And I am honestly not really looking forward to two meals off plan.

I am going to minimize lunch, and try to order as close to plan as possible based on where we go. Hopefully we will do Mexican because then I will have some veggies and beans with guacamole and salsa. And for dinner Joann is bringing salad, so I am going to focus on that and minimize the pizza (Holy Red Light Food, Batman!). Maximum of 2 drinks, too.

I really feel so much better eating on this plan. I have lost my sugar craving, don't miss the artificial sweeteners at all, and am satisfied with less food. I dont' feel so panicked and desperate when I get hungry. I don't feel the need to stuff myself with huge quantities of food. If that means starying away from sugar and artificial sweeteners and processed food, I'll do it. It is so nice not to have it always be my focus. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch, vary my snack between 3 or 4 choices, and base my dinners around veggies of some sort and a small bit of protein. I even go to bed a bit hungry sometimes and don't absolutely hate it. It's a good place to be with my eating, a middle ground that I have rarely experienced. Very freeing.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Nice job following the plan. I really need to get on something like that. 10lbs in 11 day is awesome!