Saturday, June 5, 2010

Making A Healthy Choice After a Stressful Morning

Last night I went out and had some fun with Delane and her friends in the city. We saw Sex & The City 2 and then went out to Martini Ranch for a few drinks. Having a fun evening always makes me wake up in a good mood the next morning (as long as a hangover is not involved!), so today started off on a good note.

Good things continued to happen as I heard from our board president that my roof repair had been authorized and would begin soon. No more leaking in my daughter's room... YIPPEE! And no more money out of my pocket to fix it.

Then it was off to the doctor for a follow up appointment. I needed to have my Vitamin D level rechecked after a 12 week course of high dose prescription supplementation. This is where the day took a turn for the worse. First of all, I *hate* being weighed at the doctor's office in the middle of the day, fully clothed, after a huge lunch and several cups of coffee. Yuck, but whatever.

Then the doctor was running very late, about two patients behind. So I waited. Until a knock came on the door to the exam room where I was waiting. It was the woman from the front desk at the office, asking me if I owned a silver minivan (which I do). Because someone had hit it in the parking lot.

Shit.

So I went out there to see the damage and trade information with the woman (another patient of my doctor). She asked that we not call the cops or handle it through insurance, and told me that it was her fault and that she would pay for the repair herself. My poor crushed bumper... but at least the van was still operable. I agreed to handle it that way because I had several witness from the office to whom she had admitted fault, so I felt protected if things went wrong.

I waited for an hour for the doctor, had my appointment, and then headed home. All I wanted was something sweet. Lots of something sweet. A bathtub full of it, maybe. So I started to scour my cabinets to find something , but instead introduced a supreme intervention on myself.

I decided to call a personal trainer whose name I got from my hair stylist instead of binging on sweets. And after a 30 minute conversation with him, I have my consultation with him on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. And I am so damn excited!!!!

I never get vacations because I have no time off from work because my every vacation day is used to care for my child when she is sick or school is off and I cannot find alternate care. So I have decided that I am going to spend my "summer vacation" money on a trainer this summer. An investment in me!

His hours are very flexible, and he will let me bring my daughter to the studio to play quietly in the corner if need be. And did I mention that I am so excited?!?

I'll report more after our first meeting on Thursday. I am looking forward to being whipped into shape!

3 comments:

Delane said...

Gald you had fun at SATCII...Congrats on getting a trainer! I hope you like him.

Al's CL Reviews said...

WTG on investing in you!

Carly said...

WTG turning that situation into something good for you. Can't wait to read about the trainer.