Monday, June 21, 2010

Week 1 Results

I started following my trainer's meal program a week ago, and I have experienced some very interesting changes.

First and foremost, I am down 8.6 pounds. Yep, not a typo. I must have been retaining some SERIOUS water!

The second best change that I have noticed is that I am satisfied with less food. And I am not as ravenous as usual when mealtime rolls around. Sometimes I do not feel full after I finish a meal or a snack, but I wait for awhile and the next thing I know it is time for my next meal! That is downright miraculous as I always refer to myself as "The Bottomless Pit".

Third, I just plain feel better. I have more energy, I feel lighter, and I feel like I am nourishing my body in a healthy manner. Although I think I need more protein, so I am going to discuss that with my trainer this week.

Fourth, both my grocery bill and stress over meal planning have dramatically decreased. I only buy what I need for the week now, and I plan my weekly meals ahead of time so it is never a challenge to figure out what to bring for lunch or what to make for dinner.

And finally, I have found the most scrumptious breakfast that I have had in oh-so-many years. Avocado Toast. I lightly toast 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Bread, spread a teaspoon of honey mustard and 1/4 avocado on each slice, drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil across the both of them, layer them with fresh basil leaves and a thinly-sliced roma tomato, and top them with some freshly ground sea salt. Food of the gods, in my opinion. And I eat this every morning!

I am also drinking much more water now that I have cut out the artificial sweeteners. This also makes me happy, and my skin is feeling pretty happy, too!

I have my second training session tomorrow night (right as the last twinges of pain are leaving my body from the first one!), and I'll be back to report on it as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! That's awesome, Nicole!!! Congrats on such fantastic success. :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

WTG!