Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's Been Awhile

How is it already the end of October?!?

Thanks so much for the email and posts checking in on me. I have been quiet. Many things have been happening in my life, but seeing as I am leaving for Vegas is 2 1/2 hours I need to keep things brief!

1) My running has tanked lately, as has much of the rest of my exercise plan. I hurt my ankle a few weeks back by falling down the stairs, and it is just not healing like it should. Time to see a doctor when I return. Also time to kick my exercise plan back into high gear and get back to basics.

2) I will be having surgery again in February. Massive hernia repair. Seeing as it will be my fifth abdominal surgery, it is more complicated than most. It also involves sewing my stomach muscles back together... not just mesh. Thus, I have asked to incorporate a tummy tuck into it since they are already opening me up. I want to be as close to goal as possible by the time I go in for that, so the countdown is on!

3) Intimacy. I have had some lately. First time in 5 years. It has opened many a floodgate, and I am floundering in all of these mixed feelings right now. This is the biggest reason that I have been quiet lately. Need to figure a lot of things out.

So, on that note, I am off to Vegas! Looking for a *little* trouble during this girls' weekend out... but just a little. ;-)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about the injury and needing another surgery. :( Hang in there!! As for the whole intimacy thing, yeah, that's always a huge floodgate for me, too. {{hugs}}

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sorry about the ankle and the stomach. Congrats on the intimacy, but boo on the floodgates.

Donna said...

Can't wait to see you next weekend and have some girl talk. I hate that you hurt your ankle and hope it improves. Good luck with the surgery and hugs with the floodgates.

Corletta said...

Well..I do hope that you have/had fun in Vegas! Be safe...if you're still there!