Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Find Your Way Back

Whew, have I been off track with my exercise lately. My running has slacked off since July, and I have not really seen my trainer for about a month. Besides the (very) occasional run and a ton of walking in Vegas, I have been pretty lazy about getting any intentional exercise.

But something has clicked again. Now that I am about three months out from surgery, I am motivated to lose the rest of the weight that I want to shed. Truth be told I am only about 5 pounds up from my lowest weight in the past 12 years, so that is good, but I would still like to lose about 23 pounds to get back to my post-college weight.

Thus, I have been counting points again since coming back from Vegas and, other than some planned indulgent meals last weekend, things have been pretty tame on the eating front.

I ran a 10K with my friend Donna last weekend and, even though I have not run more than 5 miles since my half marathon in May, it was excellent. I even went to the gym tonight and ran a couple of quick miles, averaging 10.5 minute miles which is awesome for me! I am feeling inspired again.

I am also feeling happy in my personal life. It has been so nice to go out and have some fun in a bit of a romantic way. Even though I don't know if it is right to call it dating, I certainly have enjoyed my evenings out with him. And hopefully we will be scheduling another one soon. He has made me realize that I do not want to continue to be alone, that being with a man again can indeed be so much fun despite all of my hang-ups and insecurities, and that there are some truly good men out there. No matter what happens and when, if it is over as soon as it started, I will not regret this experience. It has opened an emotional door for me and for that I am thankful.

4 comments:

Delane said...

Glad to hear that all is well.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Glad you are back!

jayme @ Losing Half My Weight said...

glad you're back and sounding happy!

Dawn said...

It's good to hear that things are starting to look up for you a bit. This has been a tough year for me also...but, things are really starting to look up....there is that light at the end of the tunnel.