Sunday, November 28, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving Weigh-In

+1.2 pounds

And it is not at all unexpected. I overate (and over-drank) last weekend while out with a friend, went out for a huge dinner with vendors from Taiwan on Monday night, ate my share of baked goods from the man in our department who really knows how to cook... and then there was Thanksgiving Day. I will say no more about that food fest. Yikes! So a 1.2 pound gain is not only expected, but certainly managable.

Since the Turkey Trot 5K on Thursday morning, I have run at least the equivalent of a 5K each day of this long weekend. I have also been tracking my points closely, so I am back on track. I am looking forward to seeing the changes that Weight Watchers in rolling out tomorrow, and like the sound of zero point fruits and (many) veggies! I am ready to shake it up a bit.

Still dealing with my emotional issues, but at least I have a better attitude about ending the situation. It is the right thing to do, even though it hurts like crazy right now. And I am leaving for vacation with my daughter in a handful of days so I want my mind to be fully present there and not wondering about next steps with a man.

After Disney, it is time for me to focus on getting as close to goal as possible before surgery. It was initially scheduled for 2/11, but the surgeon is unavailable that day so I will have it between 1/30 and 2/10. I just want it to be OVER so that I can heal and move on with my life.

No comments: