Friday, December 31, 2010

Counting Down the Hours

I will not be sad to see 2010 end and 2011 begin. I am one of those people who chose to regard a new year as a time to begin anew and make positive changes in my life. Not that there is magic in a new year, but that it allows me to focus my mind on a fresh start... and we all know that our minds really can determine our success or failure, or at the least how we view our lives.

The important thing, though, is not just to want to make positive changes in the new year but to actually do the work required to actualize those changes. To enter every day with the goal of making it the best that it can be. I have settled for less than I deserve this year, both from myself and from others, but this is not something that I want to continue to do. I am worth more. I will treat myself as a priority, and consciously move away from those who do not treat me properly. Conversely, I will focus on treating those who are important to me with love and respect and attentiveness.

2010 has ended on a negative note for me due to interpersonal issues, but there were many wonderful times during this past year, too. I am going to choose to hold those happy times close in my mind and heart, and let the negative ones go with the wind.

Some 2010 memorable moments for me were:
  • Training for and running my first half marathon in May
  • Luau Party with friends in IN in July/August
  • Renegade Craft Fair with friends in September
  • MI/IN trip with my mom and some friends in October
  • Vegas Trip in October
  • Trick or Treat Trot 10K weekend with friends in October
  • Disneyworld with my daughter and mother in December
Some of my other wonderful times in 2010 have been rendered painful now based on recent events, but I did experience some beautiful and romantic nights out this past year, too. Hopefully I will be able to think of them without regret sometime in the future because they certainly were important to me in 2010.

That being said, tomorrow I am embarking upon my 2011 plan to simplify my life. My daughter is with her father this weekend, and I plan to use this free time to begin the work of decluttering my house. I will also create a meal plan for this week and do our grocery shopping, wash our clothes, put away the Christmas decorations, and go to the gym for runs.

A Very Happy New Year to all of you!!!

4 comments:

Delane said...

I hope you have a great 2011!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I think we all want to make 2011 better than 2010. Good Luck

Corletta said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what's in store for you in 2011!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Here's to positive changes in 2011!