But, before I do, I want to put some things out there so that I remember what I WANT and what I DO NOT WANT to do on this vacation.
- To enjoy some focused time with my daughter and my mother. Life is short.
- To disentangle myself from all of this failed relationship crap and get back to the business of living a happy life.
- To focus on healthier food choices and increased activity so that I maintain or lose weight while away.
I DO NOT WANT:
- To waste my vacation dwelling on negative thoughts.
- To be crabby when I have the opportunity to have fun.
- To be distracted from what is right in front of me.
- To use vacation as an excuse to eat like a crazy woman.
I weighed in at 176 this morning. A new low after my "official" Friday weigh-in of 176.9. I want to make sure that I come back next weekend equal to or lower than where I am now. Shallow, yes, but I am on a roll and I want to keep it going. Thus I have checked out the fitness room at the hotel, have prepared my running shoes and workout clothes, and have made a commitment to include some form of intentional exercise every day, no matter how little. I want to come back from this vacation feeling happy, feeling like it was time well spent and time that added to the joy in my life... not feeling like a setback occurred in that area.
Tomorrow will be 9 weeks until my surgery, and I want to make sure that I am in the best possible physical and mental place that I can be when that time comes. At this point I cannot afford to waste a week... so I won't. I will enjoy this week in a healthy manner, and come back a happier person in so many ways.