Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm Not Ready!!!

Vacation time is upon me. It is almost 10:00 pm. The cab will be here at 6:00 am. I have not packed yet. Thus, it is time to get off my ass and get some packing done before I head off to the happiest place in the world.

But, before I do, I want to put some things out there so that I remember what I WANT and what I DO NOT WANT to do on this vacation.

I WANT:

  • To enjoy some focused time with my daughter and my mother. Life is short.
  • To disentangle myself from all of this failed relationship crap and get back to the business of living a happy life.
  • To focus on healthier food choices and increased activity so that I maintain or lose weight while away.

I DO NOT WANT:

  • To waste my vacation dwelling on negative thoughts.
  • To be crabby when I have the opportunity to have fun.
  • To be distracted from what is right in front of me.
  • To use vacation as an excuse to eat like a crazy woman.

I weighed in at 176 this morning. A new low after my "official" Friday weigh-in of 176.9. I want to make sure that I come back next weekend equal to or lower than where I am now. Shallow, yes, but I am on a roll and I want to keep it going. Thus I have checked out the fitness room at the hotel, have prepared my running shoes and workout clothes, and have made a commitment to include some form of intentional exercise every day, no matter how little. I want to come back from this vacation feeling happy, feeling like it was time well spent and time that added to the joy in my life... not feeling like a setback occurred in that area.

Tomorrow will be 9 weeks until my surgery, and I want to make sure that I am in the best possible physical and mental place that I can be when that time comes. At this point I cannot afford to waste a week... so I won't. I will enjoy this week in a healthy manner, and come back a happier person in so many ways.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like wonderful goals! And I know you - you will get it done! Big Hugs!

Mama Bear June said...

Great job! Keep making healthy choices.
Path to Health